Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Green Gradient

The Monday Nail Art Challenge from Polish-aholics Anonymous was Green for Depression Awareness.  I wanted to do some nail art that represented that cause, so I pulled out my green polish and decided to do a fade/gradient representing the journey from the depths of Depression through treatment to recovery and management.



(The sponging left this really weird glob of 'something'
on my middle finder - bummer)



This also ended up being a great almost-Halloween design!


I used all Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes for this one.  I started with Sally Hansen Double Duty base coat, then a single coat of White On.  Using a regular kitchen sponge cut into cubes, (which you can tell were used before with other colors) I dabbed on more White On, Mint Sorbet, Green With Envy, Ivy League, Emerald City, and Black Out.  Then to make the fade better, I went backwards with those colors from black to white as well.  Then topped it all off with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.

Just for fun, here's what it looked like before clean-up....a hot mess!

I'm lovin' this one and can hardly stop staring at my own fingers to write this!!



No comments:

Post a Comment