Friday, October 22, 2010

Modern Circles

First, the pictures.
Then, I'll explain how I did it.



Base Coat:  two coats of Sally Hansen Color Quick "Turquoise Chrome"

Circles:
  1. I laid out a small sheet of aluminum foil, and got out one of my daughter's crazy-straws!
  2. I also clipped a cotton ball with a clothespin and dipped it in polish remover. (Using the clothespin means I don't have to grip the cotton ball with my fingers and risk taking any polish off accidentally.)
  3. I did all the white circles first by brushing a swatch of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear "White On" on the foil, then dipping the end of the straw into the polish and printing the circle on the nail in random patterns.  I had to kind of roll the straw across the nail because the straw is flat and my nails are not.
  4. Then I cleaned off the straw with that cotton ball-clothespin.
  5. Black circles were made with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear "Black Out"
Top Coat:  Two coats of Revlon "Extra Life" No Chip Top Coat

Next design:  something Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment