Monday, October 31, 2011

Purple People Eaters (with Tutorial!)


Well I saw the thing coming out of the sky
It had one long horn and one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said oo-wee
It looks like a purple people eater to me
It was a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater
one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater
one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater
Sure looks good to me

I've been hearing this one on the radio as the stations ramped up for Halloween, and it got me to thinking....NAIL ART!  (cuz let's face it, everything makes me think ;nail art'!)  Plus, as I've mentioned before I don't do the scary part of Halloween.  So Purple People Eaters sounded like a really FUN and CUTE Halloween idea!



TUTORIAL:
1.  Start with base coat.  I used Sally Hansen Double Duty.
2.  Apply a french tip with white.  I used Wet n Wild Shine French White Creme'.  It doesn't have to be perfect, because part of it will be covered up, so don't stress about an even edge.

 3.  Add a 'blob' of purple.  Again, no need to be perfect.  It'll be covered up in a bit.  I used Pure Ice No Means No.

 4.  On foil (or other palette), swirl together several purple polishes.  I used Pure Ice No Means No, Cover Girl Grapevine, Wet n Wild Shine Eggplant Frost, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Purple, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac, and Pure Ice Frosted Ice New Lilac.  Use a small brush to swirl.

 5.  Dip brush into several shades of purple, then dab or blot onto nail in random patterns to make a 'fuzzy' look.  Dab brush up over the bottom line of the French tip.  All of this is the "fur" of the Purple People Eater's face.

6.  Using a small brush or a small dotting tool, make the Purple People Eater's 'horn'.  I used a small dotting tool and a mixture of Wet n Wild Fast Dry The Gold and the Beautiful and The Wonder Yellows.

7.  Using a large dotting tool, make the white a part of the 'one eye'.  I used Wet n Wild French White Creme'.

8.  Use the small brush and some purple mixture to cover just a small bit of the top of the eyeball to be the eyelid.

9.  Use a large dotting tool to make the iris of the eye.  I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Ivy League.
10.  Use a small dotting tool to make the pupil of the eye.  I used Wet n Wild Shine Black Creme'

11.  Use striping brush to paint mouth.  I used Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black.
12.  Use a small dotting tool to make a 'tongue.'  I used Wet n Wild Shine Frosted Fuchsia.

13.  Add topcoat.  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.

14.  Add a matte top coat.  I used Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love.
 (Another picture before clean-up)
 And another before clean-up...

15.  Clean up!


 Here are the polishes I used....all SIXTEEN of 'em!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

  1. those are fantastic!...i wanted to do purple people eaters but for some reason i couldn't think of an image that would work on nails...great job!

    ReplyDelete