Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to SOUND a lot like Christmas

It's beginning to look ... and SOUND ... a lot like Christmas at my house!
The tradition in my family growing up was that everything Christmas had to wait until after my Dad's birthday, which is November 28th.  Even though I'm "all grown up" now with a family of my own, that's still the Tradition!!  So, since yesterday was November 29th, we pulled out ALL the Christmas stuff last night!  Including new Christmas Nail Art!  And the tree, stockings, and music, of course!

Actually, this is Christmas Nail Art #2...the first attempt was, well, Junk Nail, and since this is NO Junk Nail, that had to go!  I tried alternating red and green polish with silver glitter on the top, but the silver glitter was too thick and just covered it all up in a real mess.  So I did THESE instead.....in honor of CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

It's beginning to SOUND a lot like Christmas!!
(Left Hand with Christmas Tree in background)

(Right Hand with Christmas Tree in background)


After the complex and time-consuming Thanksgiving Nails, these were an easy one!  I alternated 2 base coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Emerald City and Cherry Red.  The music notes were done with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Celeb City.  (This was the polish I tried to do over the other ones....it's a GREAT glitter if you want thick glitter.....really smooth, not rough like some glitters are)


I hope this Advent Season you find some time to remember the reason for the season....the birth of Jesus.  Can you imagine what it would have been like to be waiting for a King and be given a baby?  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment