Saturday, November 12, 2011

Zoya Alyssa, er...Zoya Charla

Zoya should have named this polish "Alyssa" because Zoya's Charla is SO ME!  Any of you who actually know me in real-life know that THIS is my color!






I've been working really hard at being more "neat" as I polish my nails.  I'm trying really hard to have less on my fingers.  The hardest part has been not "flooding the cuticle."  In nail polish circles, it's best if you don't get polish all the way to the base of the nail, but instead leave just a little bit of a gap.  This is difficult!  But I'm getting MUCH better, as you can see below...


These were taking in all kinds of different light and I LOVE how SPARKLY it is!  Have I mentioned I LOVE THIS COLOR??


First, here are some of my favorite, non-conventional photos.   



and some photos with the Zoya Charla bottle


Indirect sunlight


 Direct sunlight

Different angles and different lighting make all the difference!




For those who are curious, here's a layer list:
1) Sally Hansen Double Duty base coat, wrapped tips
2) 3 thin coats of Zoya Charla, with wrapped tips on first and last
3) Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, wrapped tips
Then I cleaned it up with a small brush in acetone where I got a little too close to the skin.

Have I mentioned I love this polish?  My new, all-time fave!  I love this Zoya, my very first, and I cannot wait to try out Ginessa, Pippa, and Phoebe!  You can see them in the bottles here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Im in love- what an amazing color! I need to find this- pretty sure it's about to go on my wish list lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I goggled "Zoya Alyssa" to see if they had a polish with my name and this was the first result lol. I just ordered this polish in their new year promotion and am eagerly awaiting it!

    ReplyDelete