Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fading Into Fall (or Flames...)

This one took a little experimenting and was pretty easy in the end.
I was going to a Fading Into Fall kind of look.....but they also look a lot like Flames!


First the photos, then the "how-to"

Here's how I did it:
  • Painted each nail with one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow
  • I cut a new sponge in to pieces (pictures below) and slightly dampened and wrung out all the water.
  • On a piece of aluminum foil, I brushed a few stripes of Pure Ice Hot Tamale, then sponged it on the top third (or so) of the nails)
  • Repeat with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Cherry Red on the top third of the nails
Here's a closer look at the nails:


And the mess I made to paint them:


No comments:

Post a Comment