Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Nails

I know it's been a while since my last nail art post.  I took the Jayhawk jerseys off and left them bare for a few days because we had a funeral at the church where I work for a wonderful man in our congregation.  Don Ruff will be missed!


Last night, I sat down, planned and then painted these Thanksgiving Nails!  I used more colors and more detail than I've ever even attempted before....and I think they turned out pretty dang good!  So without further adieu...pictures!




  • Started everything off with two coats of CG Boundless Color White Night
  • Thumb - Pumpkin 
    • used Pure Ice Hot Tamale for pumpkin, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Emerald City for vines, Pure Ice Naughty Girl for light highlights and New York Color Fifth Avenue for dark highlights
  • Index - Apples
    • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red and New York Color Fifth Avenue
  • Middle - Indian Corn (MY FAVE!)
    • Pure Ice Hot Tamale, Excuse Me & Naughty Girl and New York Color Fifth Avenue and and embossing tool to make lots and lots of really close dots!
  • Ring - Squash
    • Pure Ice Naughty Girl w/ outlines in Hot Tamale
  • Pink - Wheat
    • Mixed together New York Color Bryant Park and Pure Ice Excuse Me and then added some darker lines with just NYC Bryant Park
  • Topped it all off with Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat

Just for fun..........this is what my workspace looked like...


These are my Embossing Tools I used for just about everything.
Notice the tips are balls of different sizes.

Last Photo....
I store my "stash" in a shoe box and the colors are arranged by color...
which makes it so much easier to find exactly what I want to use.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
And THANKS for reading my blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment