Monday, April 25, 2011

Paschal Pastels

This is the first of two Nail Art Designs I've done in the last few days, but haven't had time to post...sorry!


This one is Paschal (as in Easter) Pastels.  These first pictures are the nails that turned out okay.  I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet and Lacey Lilac.  (Sorry they're not the cleanest around the edges!)



I was originally trying to use those two colors with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow and Bubblegum Pink, but they did NOT work out so well.


I chose to share these "Junk Nails" to share a lesson I learned...
I usually try to do water-marbling with polishes that are the same brand.  They tend to work together better and behave in similar ways.  Well, with this one I did use polishes by Sally Hansen, but the lavender and mint were newer while the pink and yellow were older, and therefore thicker.  What ended up happening was the lavender and mint spread out well to create the tin layer needed for this to work, but the pink and yellow were so thick that they didn't spread out well at all.  Instead, the pink and yellow were much thicker layers on the top of the water.  So when I swirled the colors and then put my nails into the water, that pressure caused the pink and yellow to spread out on the nail.  Instead of the neat swirl pattern they ended up really mucky.   the ring finger above is a prime example of how this did NOT turn out well!

Lesson Learned: thick polishes don't work well.



No comments:

Post a Comment